Kawartha Lakes is welcoming newcomers to its community and providing quality resources to set them up for success.
Ontarians frequently escape their bustling city lives for revitalization in the great outdoors. Relaxing and fishing lakeside, exploring hiking trails, and meandering through picturesque small towns often serves as the perfect way to re-energize. For the 80,000 people residing in Kawartha Lakes, this is more than a weekend getaway – it’s their year-round lifestyle.
Just 90 minutes northeast of Toronto, Kawartha Lakes is made of several small communities spread across a vast geographical area, separated by acres of rolling hills, farmland, and over 250 lakes and rivers. Ranked the number two place to move in Canada according to MoneySense magazine, the community boasts lots of after-work activities, excellent health care infrastructure, and access to space and land for the same price as a condo in the GTA.
Make prosperous connections
Thriving in a rural community requires a few key elements; access to your own vehicle to navigate the community and being ready to own a home. That said, Kawartha Lakes is encouraging newcomers to explore all it has to offer and offering resources to facilitate the big move.
“More diversity and experiences continue to ensure we are doing our best to represent the communities we serve,” says Ryan Oliver, CEO of Pinnguaq, a major local company. “New Canadians make up about 10% of our workforce and have been a huge part of our employment strategy since our founding. We grow any opportunity we can to better serve rural, remote and Indigenous communities in Canada.”
Plus, thanks to local organizations, new and relocating businesses get all the support they need without having to leave the area. A place where small-town serenity meets big city amenities, Kawartha Lakes is truly the place where you can have it all.
Why Move to Kawartha Lakes?
- When considering business relocation, the Kawartha Lakes Economic Development team offers resources, and for those aspiring to start a new venture, the Kawartha Lakes Small Business Centre (KLSBC) provides valuable support.
- Accessing the Innovation Cluster Peterborough and the Kawarthas in Lindsay is a gateway to growing technology-focused entrepreneurs and their agri-tech, clean tech, social innovation, and medical research startups. This incubator is committed to fostering innovation and strengthening tech-driven enterprises, offering extensive programs and resources for your benefit.
- Leveraging the presence of the Kawartha Lakes Community Futures Development Corporation (KLCFDC) as a valuable regional resource, providing funding, capital choices, incubation services, and expert guidance. KLCFDC is conveniently located within LAUNCH Kawartha, a new Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center centrally located in downtown Lindsay, serving the entire region.
- It’s close to quality public and private educational institutes for all ages, including Fleming College & Trent University.
- Experience and enjoy nature and outdoor living.
- There’s excellent family, general, and specialized health care facilities.
- It’s close to Durham Region and the GTA.
Become a part of an incredibly welcoming, supportive community!
Welcome Home! Relocating to Kawartha Lakes, a monthly newsletter crafted for people interested in Kawartha Lakes. Sign-up below to find out about business opportunities, community engagement, success stories, and recreational activities in our communities.
Check out the Move My Business page for helpful resources, or fill in a Connect Direct form to chat with a Kawartha Lakes local. If you’re not ready to make the jump to Kawartha Lakes yet, sign up for its newsletter to stay connected and receive updates. Learn more at kawarthalakes.ca.